In the same way that Superior Tube continually develops new technologies in the precision tubing industry, we are also committed to finding innovative solutions to today’s environmental challenges. We feel it’s our responsibility to play a constructive role in the communities where we operate, and a large part of that involves protecting the environment.
Our Environmental Policy
In order to fulfill our commitment to the environment, we aim to:
- Fully comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements relating to our site, as maintained in our Register of Regulations and Legislation.
- Ensure all our activities are carried out in a way that prevents pollution.
- Stay up to the minute on all environmental issues - particularly those that have a direct relevance to our business.
- Raise employee awareness about how their actions can affect environment through communication, discussion and training.
- Communicate our policy to anyone working for or on behalf of Superior Tube, including our suppliers. The policy is also made available to the public on request.
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and conduct regular audits to monitor and review it.
- Make choices that are best for the environment when planning and developing new and existing operations, and when sourcing new materials.
- Operate the best scrap reduction and material recycling schemes to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Ensure our buildings and site are managed in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- Select suppliers who are aware of their environmental responsibilities, wherever practicable, via our purchasing policy.
- Continually review and develop our environmental practices, and monitor their progress so that we can improve this policy.